Sunday, 20 September 2026

Found myself a bargain photographic rucksack

 A bargain

I got myself a bargain up at Tavistock Pannier Market. 

I normally carry all my milky way gear in my Osprey Talon 33 rucksack - which has seen sterling service over the years. 

There is nothing wrong with this rucksack at all - it just isn't designed for carrying photographic equipment as it is what I call a 'top-loader' i.e.; a large bag design - all one compartment loaded from the top. So, its a pain to have to constantly rummage around in it to find something! 

So, I've been on the look out for a camera rucksack which would carry all my gear and most importantly be easy zip access - to compartments!  

Only - I don't have a budget for one. In the space of a month recently we had to replace the fridge, the dishwasher, the microwave, the car windscreen and now the collapsed patio around the side of the house! 2026 is proving to be very 'expensive'.


All I needed was one 'compartmentalised' rucksack that can carry the gear and is comfortable to wear for around a two mile length 'walk-in' at most. 

£12.  A bargain.

It holds everything. Its pretty comfortable to wear. Nothing fancy. Not designed for long walk in's to isolated spots (I use my son's old Lowe Alpine two compartment rucksack for that - it carries photography gear in top section and clothing and stove gear in bottom one). 

I replaced some of the elastic on the outer mesh pocket and two of the side straps for holding a tripod. 

It will do. 


I mean in my wildest dreams I buy a Lowe Pro specialist camera rucksack. Maybe I will have to wait a few more years until I've grown up to be a 'proper' milky way photographer - then I might be able to justify the expense. 

Steve 

#Plymouthastroboy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for visiting us. If you want to drop a comment or get in touch - leave a comment and we will get back to you asap. Bye